Bonding agents and admixtures are versatile, multipurpose products with exceptional adhesive properties. High build, high strength and chemically inert, they are used to permanently bond new concrete or gypsum materials to existing like-substrates.
When mixed with sand or aggregate, bonding agents form a robust but flexible cement mortar that may be used for patching, filling cracks, leveling, resurfacing, pipe setting and fill coating. Additionally, they
provide superior bonding and adhesion when used as an admixture for cement-based plaster and stucco mixes.
Because of their adaptability and ability to perform without regard to heat, cold or UV exposure, bonding agents and admixtures are an ideal choice for virtually any concrete restoration project.
Liquid Concrete Bonding Products
TK-LIQUID BONDING AGENT 225
Item No.: TK-225
An acrylic latex liquid bonding agent with an admixture (in place of water) for cement mortar patching and resurfacing. When mixed with a cement/sand or gravel combination, TK- LIQUID BONDING AGENT 225 becomes an effective patching and topping mortar. Features:
• Excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates.
• Excellent resistance to abrasion, freeze/thaw cycles, chemicals and deicing salts.
• Retains flexibility, elongation and will not discolor with exposure to heat, cold or aging.
• Economical to use because of its high performance with low maintenance costs. Eliminates the need for further curing/sealing processes resulting in additional labor and material savings.
• Field and laboratory tests prove superior tensility, compressive strength, flexural shear bond, and impact strength over styrene-butadiene rubbers, polyvinyl acetates, and unmodified mortar.
Item No.: TK-TRIBOND
A liquid, ready-to-use, high build, re-emulsifiable bonding agent for adhering gypsum plaster and Portland cement mixtures to a variety of surfaces. Features:
• Non-flammable and contains no volatile organic solvents.
• High tensile and shear strength.
• Non-reactive to plaster/cement alkalinity.
• May be applied to either damp or dry surfaces.
• Withstands environments ranging from -40°F to 300°F.
• Unaffected by humidity or condensation when thoroughly dried.
Because construction is a dynamic process, TK products include the repair materials needed to keep small faults from becoming large ones. In previous generations, small fissures, cracks and cavities had to wait for major renovation in the absence of any way to bond new concrete reliably with existing surfaces. Continuing technological exploration, however, has successfully addressed the adhesion issues which for years inhibited mortar patching and resurfacing. Chemical advances make it possible to prolong concrete life with strong, stable repairs, bonding old and new concrete securely, even in the face of abrasion and wide temperature fluctuations.
TK Liquid Bonding Agent 255 can be combined with Portland cement/sand or gravel mixtures to create a superior patching and topping mortar with excellent and versatile adhesion properties. Mixtures score high in tensile, flexural and impact strength and stand up well to freeze/thaw cycles, road salts and other chemicals.
TK TriBond demonstrates even greater versatility, serving as a solid bonding agent between gypsum plaster and Portland cement mixtures and surfaces ranging from existing concrete, wallboard, wood, metal and glass to tile. High strength levels and temperature tolerances as high as 300 degrees F make this nonflammable solvent-based mixture a valuable patching tool for a wide variety of problems.
Confronting an issue as old as the mason’s craft with new scientific knowledge, TK demonstrates the dedication of building professionals to the daily problem-solving that keeps factories, public facilities and essential commercial buildings standing strong.